Dr. Vivian Welch is editor in chief and acting CEO of the Campbell Collaboration, Director of the Methods Centre at the Bruyère Research Institute, and Associate Professor at University of Ottawa School of Epidemiology and Public Health. Her research interests include methods and reporting guidelines for synthesizing evidence on health equity. She is also an avid cross-country skier, runner and mother of four.
Selected publications (trainees underlined)
- Welch, V., Mathew, C. M., Babelmorad, P., et al. (2021). Health, social care and technological interventions to improve functional ability of older adults living at home: An evidence and gap map. Campbell Systematic Reviews, 17, e1175. https://doi.org/10.1002/cl2.1175
- Welch VA, Ghogomu E, Hossain A, Riddle A, Gaffey M, Arora P, et al. Mass deworming for improving health and cognition of children in endemic helminth areas: A systematic review and individual participant data network meta-analysis. Campbell Syst Rev 2019;15(4).
- Welch V, Doull M, Yoganathan M, Jull J, Boscoe M, Coen SE, Marshall Z, Pardo JP, Pederson A, Petkovic J, Puil L, Quinlan L, Shea B, Rader T, Runnels V, Tudiver S. Reporting of sex and gender in randomized controlled trials in Canada: a cross-sectional methods study. Res Integr Peer Rev. 2017 Sep 1;2:15. doi: 10.1186/s41073-017-0039-6. eCollection 2017.
- Welch V, Norheim O, Jull J, Cookson R, Sommerfelt H, Tugwell P et al. CONSORT-Equity 2017 extension and elaboration for better reporting of health equity in randomised trials. BMJ 2017; 359: j5085.
- Welch VA, Akl EA, Guyatt G, Pottie K, Eslava-Schmalbach J, Ansari MT, de Beer H, Briel M, Dans T, Dans I, Hultcrantz M, Jull J, Katikireddi SV, Meerpohl J, Morton R, Mosdol A, Petkovic J, Schünemann H, Sharaf R, Singh J, Stanev R, Tonia T, Tristan M, Vitols S, Watine J, Tugwell P. GRADE Equity guidelines 1: Health equity in guideline development- introduction and rationale. J Clin Epidemiol. 2017 Apr 12. pii: S0895-4356(17)30339-6
- Welch V, Petticrew M, Petkovic J, Moher D, Waters E, White H, Tugwell P and the PRISMA-Equity Bellagio group. Extending the PRISMA Statement to Equity-Focused Systematic Reviews (PRISMA-E 2012): Explanation and elaboration. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology. 2016 Feb;70:68-89.